Friday, May 18, 2012 - 07:28 AM UTC
Sword have just updated their website so we have found very interesting forthcoming model kits: two boxings of Harrier in a two-seater variant and P-40K/Kittyhawk. All kits will be released in 1:72 scale.
All we know about the kits fo far are the published boxarts supported with painting schemes but we hope to provide some more detailed information soon.
SW 72061 Hawker Siddeley Harrier T Mk.2/2A - TAV - 8A
1. Harrier T Mk.2, No.233 Operational Conversion Unit, July 1975
2. Harrier TAV-8A, VMAT-203 Hawks, USS Roosevelt, 1976
3. Harrier T Mk.2, No.3 Squadron, based at RAF Wildenrath, West Germany 1976
SW 72062 Hawker Siddeley Harrier T Mk.4/4N
1. Harrier T Mk.4, No.20(R) Squadron, Operational Conversion Unit, Guterslah, Germany, November 1992
2. Harrier T Mk.4N, No.899 Naval Air Squadron, seen in 1992 in special marking celebrating the 50th anniversary of the unit, Yeovilton
SW 72063 Curtiss P - 40K Warhawk
1. P-40K of 2nd Lt William P. Benedict, 66th FS/57th FG, Darragh West, Libya, February 1942
2. P-40K of CO Maj. Grant Mahony, USAAF, 76th FS/23rd FG, China, Spring 1943
3. P-40K of Lt. N.F.Kuznecov, 436 IAP, 1942
4. P-40K of 2nd Lt. Arland Stanton, 7th FS/49th FG, Port Moresby, New Guinea, March 1943
SW 72064 Curtiss P - 40K Kittyhawk III
1. Kittyhawk Mk.I , No.2 „Flying Cheetah” Squadron of SAAF, flown by Maj. D.B.Hauptlleisch, 1942
2. Kittyhawk Mk.III, 450th Squadron RAAF, F/Lt. Frank Schaaf, Malta, July 1943
3. Kittyhawk Mk. III, 112th Squadron RAF, Italy, October 1943
UPDATE 1 - I have added pictures of P-40K sprue and PE-fret for Harriers.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AEROSCALE.
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 7,744 TIMES.